Make your way to the stunning summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge with the BridgeClimb Express, an energetic and thrilling experience that takes you through the heart of this steel mega-structure and lets you taste the crisp air at the very top.
- Soar into the sky as you ascend the 1002 steps to the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, a welcome break from the rush and clamor of the city and perfect for those who want to catch unhindered views of Sydney!
- With a limited number of stops on your way to the top, this is the ideal climb for fitness enthusiasts and adventurers or those who merely want to fast-track their way to the summit!
- Since the climb only allows a maximum of 14 people per group, you can be sure that the experience will be both immersive and as private as possible!
- Capture spectacular photographs of Sydney at the summit and catch sight of some of the city’s most famous landmarks from your vantage point, the best way to chronicle your achievement.
- You can go on the climb during the day or other times only through request.
Get Ready at the Climb Base!
Once you arrive at the meeting point and check-in, you will be provided the required outdoor gear for the day’s activities. The outdoor gear is based on the weather conditions and will ensure that you are protected from all the elements. Your safety is the absolute priority, and the gear will ensure that the climb is both fun and safe. Everything other than sunglasses and shoes will be provided for you.
Enjoy a Breathtaking Climb up the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Once you have slipped into the gear provided, your ascent up the arches of the Harbour Bridge will begin. The BridgeClimb Express option is meant for those who enjoy an energetic and quick climb up to the top of the bridge and is definitely not for the faint of heart. As you go up the steel structure, wonderful sights of the city will greet you. Your Climb Leader will talk about the history of the bridge, and how it became an icon of Sydney after being opened all the way back in 1932.
You will walk on catwalks over the Harbour until you reach the lower arch of the bridge facing the Opera House. You will continue climbing all the way to the peak of the lower arch before making your way up a staircase through the upper arch that will take you to the summit. After climbing 1002 steps, you can celebrate scaling the bridge with your group. Photographs can be taken, as you take in unobstructed views of the Sydney skyline. The unique vantage point will let you see Sydney in a new light. Combined with the euphoria of having scaled one of the tallest structures of the city, you are in for a breathtaking descent.
The fast-paced climb will test your fitness, and is the perfect experience for fitness lovers and those who love to get their blood rushing! The city’s renowned sights, such as the Opera House, Luna Park, Sydney Museum, and skyline can be seen from here. You will then make your way to the Darling Harbour side, from where you can descend to the Climb Base. At the end of approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes, you will have had a quick-paced, full-fledged Express ascent!
- Professional Guide
- 2 Hour climb
- Free Entry to the Pylon Lookout
- Outdoor Gear
- BridgeClimb Cap
- Certificate of Achievement
- Pick up and drop off to hotel
Know Before You Go
- Due to safety reasons, you won’t be able to take your own cameras and mobile phones on the climb. It along with your other belongings can be deposited in secure lockers.
- Children between the ages of 8 and 15, who are at least 1.2 meters tall can accompany an adult in this experience.
- People who are more than 75 years of age and are looking to take part in this experience need to carry a Certificate of Fitness. Please download this file, fill it, and carry it with you when you go for this experience.
- This climb may put a lot of physical stress on your body, so make sure to get a physical assessment done before taking this experience.
- Your alcohol-blood reading will be checked before the climb. You will be allowed to take part in this experience only if your alcohol-blood reading is below 0.5.
The climb is available on all days of the week at 10 AM, 11 AM, and 2 PM.
Reduced Price Tickets
Child Tickets are available for children between the age of 8 and 15.
- Comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 15 days in advance for a full refund.
As you work your way up to the heart of this mega steel structure, you really wonder about the miracles humans are capable of
This was one of those rare moments when I wished my father was still alive and we could take up adventurous challenges together again
I was baffled when I knew there was an express ticket for the Sydney Bridge climbing experience and I booked it in a jiff- hopefully it won't be disappointing at all. Either way, can't wait
How To Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your BridgeClimb Express mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
BridgeClimb Sydney, 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks New South Wales 2000, Australia
Reach the Circular Quay using the following modes of transport. From here, walk along George Street until you reach the corner where Guylian Cafe is located. Take Argyle Street and reach the Argyle Stairs next to Sake Restaurant. The stairs will lead to Cumberland Street. Walk north along the street, and you will find BridgeClimb located on the western side just before the toad snakes underneath the bridge.
- Get off at stop Circular Quay using trains T1, T2, T3, T7, or T8.
- Get off at stop Circular Quay using buses 304, 333, 333N, 373, 374, 377, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, 500, 507, 515, 518, 520, L94, X94, X97, or M52.
- Get off at the Circular Quay using ferries F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8.
Sydney Harbour Bridge, 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Sydney