Skip The Line Guided Tour - St. Marks Basilica
Skip the line and head into the most visited site in Venice, St Mark's Basilica renowned for its Byzantine art and rich biblical importance. Also, get a free optional coupon for a visit to a Glass Factory near St. Mark’s square where you will see a glass craftsman at work.
- Visit the crown jewel of Venice, St Mark's Basilica, with hassle-free skip the line access, saving your time and energy.
- Walk the length of this Basilica with a dedicated bilingual tour guide narrating interesting legends and detailing its the rich history.
- View masterpieces of Byzantine art during your tour and gain seamless access to the Treasury and Pala d’Oro.
- Avail a free optional coupon to witness the famous Venetian glassblowing technique during a 20-minute demonstration near St. Mark's Square.
Enjoy Skip The Line Access to The Basilica, The Pala D’Oro Golden Altar, and The Treasury
St Mark’s Basilica is one of the most visited sites in Venice and our guided tour of this majestic cathedral will be nothing short of exhilarating. Indulge in the seamless synthesis of Venetian art with unique Byzantine and Romanesque elements in the form of gleaming golden mosaics, marble inlays, and precious pearls and stones. With this ticket, you get seamless access to two otherwise restricted parts of the Basilica - The Pala d’Oro golden altar and The Treasury. While visually soaking in the opulence, seat yourself comfortably and hear our guide narrate interesting legends one after the other about the masterpieces surrounding you.
Witness an Optional Glassblowing Demonstration
After the Basilica, you will have the opportunity to do the optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square. Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally. This optional demonstration lasts for 20 minutes but could take longer than the scheduled time and we do not recommend participating if you have other reservations scheduled on the same day.
This best-selling tour is perfect for Venice first-timers, as it not only allows you to witness the Basilica's grandeur but also lets you dive into its history and significance.
- Skip the Line entrance to the Basilica.
- Shared guided tour with commentary.
- Audio guide (in case the tour group exceeds 10 participants).
- Coupon free of charge for an optional Glass Craftsman Demonstration.
Know Before You Go
- This tour will not be operational in case of exceptionally high tide or in case of religious functions (in both these cases the visit can be postponed or a refund will be provided).
- This is not a private tour and is to be shared with other guests not belonging to the same part.
- If there is a high turnout or for reasons of high tide or security problems, the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica may be slightly longer than expected. In such cases, please do line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
This tour takes place at 12:00 PM from Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sunday). Please be sure to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
From 1st April to 31th October
- English, German, Spanish and French tours are available every day.
- Italian only on Saturdays. The visit is monolingual.
From 2nd November to 31st March
The visit could be bilingual.
English tours are available daily. German tours are available on Monday and Friday. French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. While Spanish is available on Wednesday and Saturday.
- August 15th
- November 1st
- December 8th, 25th
- January 1st, 6th
- February 24th
- April 18th, 25th
During unplanned religious celebrations or in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
Arriving by Public Vaporetto
If you are taking line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso”. If you are taking line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti”. After you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower.
Arriving by Private Watertaxi
Ask the driver to take you to the “Todaro” landing stage. Once you alight, walk to Saint Mark’s Square. Once here, look for the Bell Tower and cross the adjacent Basilica. You will find our assistant waiting for you with a signboard reading TOUR under the Clock Tower. The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
The Basilica is a house of worship and therefore, appropriate clothing is recommended (shorts and tank tops will not be allowed). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Basilica. Prior to your visit, you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square- Calle san Basso). The storage service is free of charge. Make sure to have enough time to do so prior to your visit.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Photography and filming are prohibited inside the Basilica.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Guide explains everything well. Always made sure we were together as a group, before he explained things.
The guide was very good and the tour was a good length
Good service / local représentatives professionnal and helpful. Electronic Tickets which is very important when booking while travelling
You will receive your mobile voucher via email. You may display your voucher on your mobile phone at the meeting point. Once you reach St Mark's Square look for the Clock Tower near the exchange office ( white building with blue clock facade). You will find our assistant here with a signboard reading "TOUR". Please join him/her and proceed for the tour.
St. Mark’s Square Clock Tower, Piazza San Marco, Venezia